Experience You Can trust
Our goal: To provide first time river enthusiasts with a positive rafting experience, with the hope to create a lifelong love for rivers and their recreation.
Smoky Mountain River Adventures was established in 2011. Owner/operator Tee Davis has over 20 years experience in white water kayaking, white water kayak and rafting instruction, river safety, and knowledge of rafts and duckies. We are a small company focused on groups, families and first timers with four different kinds of rafting trips on the Tuckaseegee River in Western North Carolina. We run trips on only one river at this time – the Tuckaseegee – and yep, we know every rapid and rock in the section of river that we run!
SEASON OPEN HOURS
MAY: Smoky Mountain River Adventures is open for weekends only during the month of May.
JUNE-SEPTEMBER: From Memorial Day to Labor Day, we operate seven days week. Preferred arrival time for best rafting conditions are between 10:30am-2:00pm, but we do stay open later.
To get your trip started as soon as possible, it is helpful to be acquainted with our routine.
Upon your arrival
- We will greet you and answer any questions.
- You and your group will sign waiver forms and purchase your raft trip.
- You prepare for the trip by changing into river clothes and gathering sunscreen, snacks, and drinks you wish to take- no alcohol please.
- We give you our best tips and safety instructions (ALL paddlers must be present)
- We shuttle you and your boats up to Dillsboro.
- Then the fun begins; time to ride the Tuck!
- Finally your trip will end at the raft shop where your car will be waiting for you.
Have more questions? Check out our Rafting FAQ for common (and funny) questions and answers!
LODGING OPTIONS WITH SMOKY MOUNTAIN RIVER ADVENTURES
We are excited to offer our new cabin, Lazy Acres at Highfield Cabins, as a lodging option for your stay in the North Carolina Smokies. Enjoy wonderful field and mountain views along with the calming sounds of nearby Greens Creek during your stay at this mountain retreat. Learn More & Book Your Stay at Highfield Cabins.