Smoky Mountain River Adventures is ready to help you have your best day ever in the North Carolina Smokies. Visitors and locals alike love to spend a gorgeous summer day playing, paddling, floating and splashing on the friendly Tuckaseegee River. Perfect for first timers, groups and families thanks to gentle rapids (Class 1 and 2) and easy river access. Our rafting center is located in Whittier, NC, only minutes from Cherokee, Bryson City, Dillsboro and Sylva, NC. Learn more about us.
Tuckaseegee River rafting trips are the only river trips in the North Carolina Smokies for kids as young as 4 years old! Let’s go rafting!
Visiting the NC Smokies
Are the beautiful North Carolina Smokies calling you to visit? MInutes from Great Smoky Mountains National Park, there are so many fun adventures to explore. Tuckaseegee River rafting is one of them! Learn more.
Kids love Rafting
Sunshine, jump rocks, water fights, and non-stop laughter – yep that’s what kids love! Be an adventure hero, introduce your kids to the huge fun of Tuckaseegee River rafting. Learn more.
At Smoky Mountain River Adventures, we specialize in family-friendly rafting. We're here to help you and your family and friends have an awesome day on the Tuckaseegee river in the NC Smokies.
Tuckaseegee River Water Levels: What You Need To KnowMay 24, 2017
5 Things to Know About the Tuckaseegee RiverMay 24, 2017
- Our group of 20 went here for a first time experience for everyone on Father’s Day!! The owner, the awesome guides & even the sweet little store clerk went above & beyond to accommodate us!! They have the best popcorn ever too btw!!😂😂
- “We rafted with our 4 yr old granddaughter. Great fun! Highlight: jumping from a 10 ft rock into the cool water. Staff really friendly, capable, well run. Facilities great. We would go again.”
- “We had an excellent family excursion from ages 5 to 76. It was a perfect mix of gentle with a some good rapids to feel the thrill. I highly recommend for a family outing! Beautiful scenery, fun stop on the “beach” along the way for a refreshing swim and rock jumping for the slightly adventurous.!”
~A Tripadvisor Member
- Excellent staff! Very friendly! We felt that we were part of the family and right at home. Great kayaks and great equipment. Overall an excellent experience! I will definitely bring my family back here next summer!!!!
- Our 2 families had a blast on our rafting tour. We had 5 kids ages 8-13 and 4 adults and everyone had so much fun. A great intro into rafting. Nick and Luke were amazing guides. Can’t beat the price. HIGHLY recommend!!